María Díaz Redondo
- Morphodynamic processes and riverine habitat evolution
- Reference conditions for heavily modified large European rivers
- Pressures and ecological deficit of rivers and their floodplains
- Process-based river restoration and rehabilitation
- Ecosystem services and sustainable river restoration
|2014 - current||Ph.D. Student in River Restoration and Management at the University of Lisbon (Portugal). Ph.D. Thesis: Process-based river restoration for heavily modified sections of European large rivers.|
|2003 - current||B.A. in English Studies: Language, Literature and Culture. National Distance Education University-UNED (Spain).|
|2003 – 2014||Project Manager at Ambisat, Ingeniería Ambiental S.L. (Spain). River restoration plans and projects; environmental impact assessment and strategic environmental assessment; river basin management plans; water quality monitoring networks and water pollution reduction programmes.|
|2002 – 2003||MSc. in Environmental Impact Assessment, Auditing and Management Systems. University of East Anglia-UEA (United Kingdom). M.Sc. Thesis: Social Impact Assessment for River Restoration.|
|1999 – 2002||Environmental technician at AQUA/PLAN S.A. (Spain). Projects and studies on water pollution control and water consumption optimisation; inventories of industrial and agricultural sources of surface water and groundwater pollution.|
|1994 – 1998||B.Sc. in Environmental Sciences. Autonomous University of Madrid-UAM (Spain). B.Sc. Thesis: Local Agenda 21 for Municipalities in Madrid Autonomous Region.|
Ph.D. Thesis: Process-based river restoration for heavily modified sections of European large rivers.
- Methodology for the selection of bioengineering techniques for the dimensioning of structures in river restoration. I Iberian Congress for River Restoration RESTAURARÍOS. León (Spain), October 18-19, 2011.
- A bioindicators’ based study on the development of tools and methodologies for evaluating the ecological status of river Guadiana in Extremadura. Ricover project, Interreg IV B SUDOE programme. Congress on Assessment of Ecological Status of Rivers in Southwest Europe. Mérida (Spain), 28 October 2010.
- Technical Description of River Restoration Projects. II Presentation of the National Strategy for River Restoration in the Tajo River Basin. Madrid (Spain), December 15, 2009.
- Technical Description of the Restoration Projects on the rivers Jarama (Madrid) and Viejas (Cáceres). I Presentation of the National Strategy for River Restoration in the Tajo River Basin. Plasencia (Spain), February 10, 2009.
- Changing attitudes facing several droughts. Presentation of "The Earth, our home. Guide on sustainable consumption". Madrid (Spain), 10th May 2006.
- Mechanisms of Public Participation in Environmental Impact Assessment. Point of view of the Environmental Consultancy. III Spanish Environmental Impact Assessment Congress. 7th April, 2005. Pamplona (Spain).
- Sustainable Development and Agenda 21. Environmental Management in the Forest Field Course. 25 January 1999. Julian Besteiro School, Madrid (Spain).
- Methodology for the selection of river sections to rehabilitate or restore from the study of bioindicators in the Guadiana river basin in Extremadura. I Iberian Congress for River Restoration RESTAURARÍOS. León (Spain), October 18-19, 2011.
- Engineering Techniques for Aquatic Ecosystems Restoration. V Iberian Congress of Limnology. Barcelona (Spain), 2 - 7 July, 2006.
Beiträge in referierten Zeitschriften2018Díaz Redondo, M., Egger, G., Marchamalo, M., Damm, C., de Oliveira, R. P., Schmitt, L. (2018): Targeting lateral connectivity and morphodynamics in a large river‐floodplain system: The upper Rhine River. River Research and Applications, S. 1–11. 10.1002/rra.3287
Díaz Redondo, M., Marchamalo, M., Egger, G., Magdaleno, F. (2018): Toward floodplain rejuvenation in the middle Ebro River (Spain): From history to action. Geomorphology 317, S. 117–127. 10.1016/j.geomorph.2018.05.014
2017Garófano-Gómez, V., Metz, M., Egger, G., Díaz Redondo, M., Hortobágyi, B., Geerling, G., Corenblit, D., Steiger, J. (2017): Vegetation succession processes and fluvial dynamics of a mobile temperate riparian ecosystem: the lower Allier River (France). Géomorphologie: Relief, Processus, Environnement 23(3), S. 187–202. 10.4000/geomorphologie.11805 PDF
2016Díaz Redondo, M., Egger, G., Marchamalo, M., Hohensinner, S., Dister, E. R. (2016): Benchmarking fluvial dynamics for process-based river restoration: The Upper Rhine River (1816–2014). River Research and Applications 33(3), S. 403–414. 10.1002/rra.3077 PDF
Beiträge in Zeitschriften und Reihen (nicht referiert)2012Díaz Redondo, M., Egger, G., Marchamalo, M., Damm, C., de Oliveira, R. P., Schmitt, L. (2012): ASSESSING PROCESS-BASED RIVER RESTORATION IN A LARGE RIVER-FLOODPLAIN SYSTEM: THE UPPER RHINE RIVER (FRANCE & GERMANY). River Research and Application.
2011Arenillas, L., Díaz Redondo, M., Martínez, D. (2011): Ramp for fish in river Tiétar in Ramacastañas (Ávila). Montes. Revista de Ámbito Forestal. 107, S. 11–16.
Buchkapitel2002Díaz Redondo, M. (2002): Changing attitudes towards drought. S. 62f.. In: García Marín, M. A.: The Earth, our home. Guide on sustainable consumption. Edited by FUHEM with Iberdrola Sponsorship.
Bücher2012Díaz Redondo, M. (2012): Social Impact Assessment for River Restoration. Principles, Practices and Sustainable Approach. 132 S., LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. ()
Veröffentlichungen in Tagungsbänden2016Metz, M., Egger, G., Díaz Redondo, M., Garófano-Gómez, V., Hortobágyi, B., Steiger, J., Corenblit, D. (2016): Succession processes of a dynamic riparian ecosystem: the lower Allier River (France). In: 11th International Symposium on Ecohydraulics 2016, Melbourne, Australia. PDF
2011Díaz Redondo, M., Martínez, D. (2011): Methodology for selection of bioengineering techniques and for dimensioning of structures in river restoration projects. In: Iberian Centre for River Restoration (CIREF), Ministry of Environment and Duero Hydrographic Confederation (Hrsg.): I. Iberian Congress for River Restoration RESTAURARÍOS, León (Spain), October 18-19, 2011.
2004Díaz Redondo, M. (2004): Local Agenda 21 for Municipalities in Madrid Autonomous Region. In: Bilbao Exhibition Centre (BEC), Cluster of Basque Country Environmental Companies (ACLIMA) (Hrsg.): IX. Environmental Engineering Congress PROMA 2004. Bilbao (Spain), November 9-11, 2004.